NZS 3122:2009 Specification for Portland and blended cements (General and special purpose)
- NZS 3122:2009
- Amendments 1 and 2 - incorporated
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Standards New Zealand
- Information type
- New Zealand Standard
This Standard specifies requirements and methods for testing hydraulic cements consisting of Portland cement or of mixtures of Portland cement and one or both of fly ash and ground granulated iron blast-furnace slag.
The outcome is to ensure that the end user of the Standard benefits from being up to date with current technology and in line with current industry methods and practices.
The revision of NZS 3122 in 2009 was based on changes in the related Australian and New Zealand Standards between 1995 and 2009, including:
- a) Revisions to AS 3972;
- b) Revisions to test methods in the AS and AS/NZS 2350 series;
- c) Introduction of AS 3582.1, 3582.2, and AS/NZS 3582.3;
- d) Major revision to NZS 3123 in 2009 incorporating Type PP cement into NZS 3122 Type GB classification and revision of NZS 3123 provisions for pozzolan to align with current Australian and New Zealand practice;
- e) Incorporation of the corrigendum to NZS 3122 issued n February 1996.