JSC VertiClad Cladding System
- GM-CM30084 RevH
- Revision H
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Global-Mark Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The JSC VertiClad Cladding System (the System) comprises: vertically fixed weatherboards installed over H3.2 treated timber castellated cavity battens to form a nominally non-structural 20 mm cavity or structurally fixed 45 mm cavity, fixings, coating systems, flashings and accessories.
The System is a cavity-based external wall cladding system installed on a structural timber frame.
1. The system use is limited to the following scope:
- In wind zones up to and including extra high, as defined in NZS3604:2011 or situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa, where the building has been specifically engineered
- In all exposure zones, excluding microclimates as defined in NZS3604:2011.
- Building(other than those containing risk group SI)
- Has the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 10 (5 November 2020), Paragraph 1.1; and,
- New timber framed buildings with building wrap or rigid air barrier that comply with the NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 10 (5 November 2020),
- Existing timber framed buildings where the designer and installer have satisfied themselves that the existing building is suitable for the intended building work
- With a risk score of 0-20 when calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Third Edition including amendment 10 (5 November 2020), Table 2
- The System must only be installed vertically on vertical, flat, surfaces
- The System is certified for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills
- The wall cladding system is located more than 1m from a relevant boundary.
2. Specification, installation, inspection and maintenance in accordance with the following sets of documents collectively referenced as the Applicable Technical Specification:
- JSC VertiClad Vertical Shiplap Weatherboard Cladding Installation and Specification Guide v3.2, May 2022
- JSC VertiClad Vertical Shiplap Weatherboard System Flexible Underlay 20mm Cavity Fix – Site Drawings v2.1, Dated 01/04/2022
- JSC VertiClad Vertical Shiplap Weatherboard System Flexible Underlay 20mm Cavity Fix – Architectural Drawings v2.1, Dated 01/04/2022
- JSC VertiClad Vertical Shiplap Weatherboard System 20mm details on Rigid Underlay Drawings - Dated 27/11/2019
- JSC VertiClad Vertical Shiplap Weatherboard System 45mm details on Flexible Underlay Drawings - Dated 27/11/2019
- JSC VertiClad Vertical Shiplap Weatherboard System 45mm details on Rigid Underlay Drawings - Dated 27/11/2019
- JSC VertiClad Vertical Shiplap Weatherboard System RWD Technical Drawings v2.0, Dated 27/11/2019
- JSC VertiClad Vertical Shiplap Weatherboard System Installation Checklist v1.1, Nov 2019
- JSC Exterior Weatherboard Maintenance Guide v3.0, May 2022
3. Subject to regular inspection for soil movement, earthquake or other structural impact or user damage
4. Proprietary stain systems and proprietary paint systems have not been evaluated, and are therefore outside the scope of this certification
5. The designer shall provide a signed Declaration for submission with the building consent application that the use of this product in the proposed building work falls within the intended used of the system as described in this certificate and that all design conditions of this certificate have been met.
6. The installer shall supply a signed Declaration that the product has been installed in accordance with the installation conditions of this certificate, for consideration for issuing a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC).
7. The system can only be used with the ancillary components and board profiles as described in the Applicable Technical Specification. Where these components are substituted with alternative products, these applications fall outside the scope of this certification. In particular, the System relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211:2008 including Amendment 1 for the relevant Wind Zone or wind pressure).
8. In existing buildings, the designer signing the declaration referred in condition #5 must be satisfied that the existing building is adequate for the intended building work. This assessment is outside the scope of this certificate.
9. With TMT Taiga RW, TMT Taiga WW and TMT Taxon TW weatherboards only stainless steel fixing can be used.