- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
IBS RigidRAP is an 8mm OSB panel product faced with a laminated synthetic building wrap.
IBS RigidRAP is suitable for use as a bracing element and/or rigid air barrier in conjunction with a ventilated cavity. It is suitable for use on new and existing timber framed buildings founded on either a concrete floor slab or timber subfloor. When all joints are sealed with a flashing tape, no flexible wall underlay is required.
This certification covers the use of IBS RigidRAP as a rigid air barrier:
- in new buildings that comply with NZS3604:2011 or have been specifically designed in accordance with NZS3603:1993 or AS/NZS 1170:2002
- in existing buildings where the specifier and installer have assured themselves that the existing structure is adequate for the intended use
- where the cladding system incorporates a ventilated cavity and wall cladding that complies withE2/AS1 or is covered by a relevant CodeMark certificate
This certification also covers the use of IBS RigidRAP as a bracing element in buildings designed in accordance with NZS3604:2011
IBS RigidRAP must not be exposed to the weather or ultraviolet light for more than 90 days during construction.
Only flashing tapes listed in the IBS RigidRAP Design & Installation Guide may be used.