Window selection balancing act - Build 169(2018)
- Window selection balancing act
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BUILD article
- HTML, PDF, Hard copy
Installing windows that only meet the minimum Building Code performance requirements is common. Specifying higher-performing insulated glazing units and window frames could help us lift our game.
Windows provide more than just a view on the world outside. They need to multi-task, bringing in light, allowing solar gain as free winter heat, admitting fresh air and limiting heat loss in winter.
This article includes:
- Weak link in thermal performance
- Insulating Glass Units (IGUs) offer benefits
- Making the better choice
- What's happening overseas?
- Window ratings matter
- Does your glass have a low-E coating?