Warmer, drier, healthier homes - Build 181 (2020)
- Warmer, drier, healthier homes - Build 181 (2020)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BUILD article
- Website, PDF
BRANZ’s Warmer, drier and healthier buildings programme has combined with a programme researching how minimum building standards can be exceeded to focus on a holistic approach to housing quality and performance.
Unhealthy homes diminish the health of the people who live in them. The Warmer, drier and healthier buildings programme was established to understand and solve issues that prevent our homes from being warm, dry and healthy.
It was one of four BRANZ research programmes implemented to find and develop end-to-end solutions addressing issues facing the industry and help provide better buildings for New Zealanders.
Some of the ongoing issues identified were with the performance of both the new and existing building stock and the impacts on the people living, working and learning in these buildings.
This article includes the following parts:
- Improving New Zealanders’ lives
- Holistic focus on housing needs
- Better new buildings and improved retrofits
- Addressing indoor environment issues
- Improving the building envelope performance
- Developing performance and quality measures
- Improving knowledge and understanding of the benefits