Building Practitioners (Licensing Fees and Levy) Regulations 2010
- SR 2010/44
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Parliamentary Counsel Office
- Information type
These regulations, are made under the Building Act 2004, and revoke and replace the Building Practitioners (Licensing Fees and Levy) Regulations 2009 in order to reflect licensing classes changes in the Building (Designation of Building Work Licensing Classes) Order 2010.
The regulations prescribe the fees and levy payable under the Building Act 2004 for matters relating to the licensing of building practitioners. The fees and levy are inclusive of goods and services tax.
The main changes from the 2009 Regulations are as follows:
- Replacement fees are prescribed for an application to be licensed in the new single licensing class called design (which replaces the former 3 design licensing classes) or in the new single licensing class called site (which replaces the former 3 site licensing classes) and, like the former fees, the replacement fees differ depending on the area of practice in respect of which the application is made
- New assessment fees, and a new interview fee, are prescribed for an application to be licensed in the new licensing class called foundations
- an assessment fee of $275 if the application is made in respect of 1 area of practice only
- an assessment fee of $330 if the application is made in respect of 2 or more areas of practice
- an interview fee of $470 if an interview is required in respect of the application.