- GM-CM30095 RevB
- Revision B
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Global Mark Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Knauf Insulation and Earthwool® glasswool is a mineral fibre type bulk insulation with DriTherm® technology that complies with AS/NZS 4859.1:2018 and is supplied as batts or rolls with thickness between 50 mm and 275 mm, and nominal density between 8 kg/m3 and 32 kg/m3 with binder content no greater than 8%.
Non-combustible bulk thermal and acoustic insulation for residential and commercial construction within the following scope:
- Walls when installed in the cavities between framing members.
- Floors when installed in the cavities between flooring members.
- Roofs when installed over and between roof framing.
- Ceilings when installed in the cavities between the ceiling members.
1. Specification and incorporation of Earthwool® glasswool insulation products into the building design shall be carried out by a designer, architect, engineer, or building professional in accordance with NZS 4214:2006 Methods of Determining the Total Thermal Resistance of Parts of Buildings and NZS 4218:2009 Thermal Insulation – Housing and Small Buildings when incorporating Knauf Insulation products to achieve the required building performance.
2. Specification of Earthwool® glasswool insulation products shall be in accordance with the following documents, available at – www.knaufinsulation.co.nz/products:
- Knauf Insulation Earthwool® glasswool Product Datasheets as follows:
- Earthwool® glasswool insulation: Acoustic, Ref.: KINZ0914116DS, January 2021
- Earthwool® glasswool insulation: Ceiling, Ref.: KINZ1213029DS, January 2021
- Earthwool® glasswool insulation: Commercial roll, Ref.: KINZ0914115DS, January 2021
- Earthwool® glasswool insulation: Wall, Ref.: KINZ0914114DS, January 2021
- Earthwool® glasswool: Multi-Use roll, Ref.: KINZ0616396DS, January 2021
- Earthwool® glasswool insulation: Underfloor Roll, Ref.: KINZ0616380DS, June 2016
- Earthwool® glasswool: Quilted underfloor segments, Ref.: KINZ0317511DS, August 2017
3. Installation shall be carried out by a Knauf Insulation accredited installer and installed in accordance with NZS 4218:2009 Thermal insulation - Housing and small buildings or NZS 4246:2016 Energy efficiency – Installing bulk thermal insulation in residential buildings, and the relevant Earthwool® glasswool installation instructions as specified below and which are available at – www.knaufinsulation.co.nz/products – to meet the stated thermal performance rating of the insulation:
- Installation Instructions – Earthwool® glasswool Insulation Ceiling Segments, Ref : KINZ1017631MIS
- Installation Instructions – Earthwool® glasswool Insulation Ceiling Rolls, Ref : KINZ1017632MIS
- Installation Instructions – Earthwool® glasswool Quilted Underfloor Segments, Ref : KINZ0817602MIS
- Installation Instructions – Earthwool® glasswool Insulation Underfloor Roll, Ref : KINZ1017636MIS
- Installation Instructions – Earthwool® glasswool Insulation Wall Segments, Ref : KINZ1017633MIS
4. Installation shall be carried out only after the building is waterproof, and after the materials within the building have dried to a sufficient degree that moisture is not transported into the insulation material.
5. In residential construction, installation shall also be carried out in accordance with NZS 4246:2016 Energy efficiency – Installing bulk thermal insulation in residential buildings
6. Refer to Table 1 for a schedule of Earthwool® glasswool Insulation products covered by this certificate.