James Hardie Linea® Oblique Weatherboard Cavity Cladding
- GM-CM30059 (Rev D)
- Rev D - 26 April 2019
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Linea® Oblique Weatherboard Cavity Cladding is a cavity-based fibre cement weatherboard wall cladding.
It is designed to be used as part of an external cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
Linea® Oblique Weatherboard Cavity Cladding consists of Linea® Oblique Weatherboard, which is a rusticated profile fibre cement weatherboard, fixed horizontally or vertically over timber battens to form the cavity. Proprietary ventilated battens are used in the vertical application. The cladding is finished with a latex paint system.
The cladding incorporates a primary and secondary means of weather resistance (first and second line of defence) against water penetration by separating the cladding from the external wall framing with a nominal 20 mm cavity. The cavity allows for any occasional ingress of water that may get past the external skin to drain to the exterior of the building, and any remaining moisture to dry by evaporation.
1. Linea® Oblique Weatherboard Cavity Cladding has been assessed as an external wall cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604:2011 Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High.
2. Linea® Oblique Weatherboard Cavity Cladding has also been assessed for weathertightness and structural wind loading when used as an external fixed wall cladding solution for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- constructed with timber framing subject to specific engineering design; and,
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa.
3. Linea® Oblique Weatherboard Cavity Cladding must only be installed vertically or horizontally on vertical surfaces.
4. Linea® Oblique Weatherboard Cavity Cladding is certified for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills.
(Note: Linea® Oblique Weatherboard Cavity Cladding can be used to provide fire resistance rated construction, but this aspect has not been assessed and is outside the scope of this certificate).