Cemintel Territory Wall Cladding System
- RevH - 18/12/2019
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The Cemintel Territory wall cladding system comprises a range of pre-finished, cement bonded, fibrous wood particle panels and proprietary installation componentry as follows:
- back flashings, finished with a continuous sealant
- pre-formed external corner
- corner trim
- backing strip
- panel clips
- ventilated vermin proof starter strip
- eave trim
The panels dimensions are 3,030mm by 455mm with a nominal thickness of 16mm. Panels are pre-finished using a durable multi-layer paint process and a Nichiguard stain resistant coating.
Panels are tongue and groove profiled along longest edges and fit together to form a waterproof joint. Joints at the ends of the panels are aligned for each panel course and are finished with sealant.
The panels are secured with the panel clip, which is installed over a wall underlay or rigid air barrier. The system is installed over either timber frames, steel frames or masonry structure.
The Cemintel Territory wall cladding system has been assessed for use as an external wall cladding system on buildings:
- Within the scope limitations of the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC) Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area, for buildings situated in Wind Zones up to and including Extra High, as defined in NZS3604:2011, constructed with:
- Timber frame in accordance with NZS 3604:2011; or
- Steel frame in accordance with NZS3404:2009 Part 1 and NASH Standard - Residential and Low-Rise Steel Framing Part 1: Design Criteria:2005; or
- Masonry structures in accordance with NZS4229:2013; or,
- In any Timber, Steel framed or masonry building that has been subject to Specific Engineering Design by a qualified engineer up to a ULS Design Wind Pressure of +6.0 / -6.0 kPa for horizontal installation and +2.6 / -3.3 kPa for vertical installation; and,
- With Aluminium window and door joinery that meets the requirements of NZS 4211:2008 and is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills; and,
- In exposure Zones B, C and D as defined in NZS3604:2011. Microclimatic Conditions (refer NZS3604:2011 paragraph 4.2.4) are outside the scope of this certificate; and,
- Within 1 metre of the relevant boundary.
The use of the Cemintel Territory wall cladding system with panel installation other than vertical or horizontal, on non-vertical surfaces (e.g. parapet capping) is outside the scope of this certificate.
The Cemintel Territory wall cladding system is not designed to have tiles or other materials applied to the face of panels