External fire spread between buildings - Build 158(2017)
- External fire spread between buildings
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BUILD article
- Website, PDF
The Building Code’s Acceptable Solutions for fire safety has been revised to include the addition of a notional boundary between two buildings on the same site.
In Build 141 (pages 36–38), External fire spread on houses set out the external wall fire resistance requirements for houses and small residential buildings. These were as they applied to the New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions for fire safety, C/AS1, 19 December 2013.
This article includes:
- Changes to C/AS1
- Notional boundary introduced
- Choose location of notional boundary
- FRR when buildings less than 2 m apart
- Clarification (added 15/3/17)