Specific Design for Multi-storey Light Steel Framed Buildings
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Jing Cao, Stephen Hicks and Nandor Mago
- Information type
- Research report
This report was prepared by Dr Jing Cao of the New Zealand Heavy Engineering Research Association (HERA).
The research was comprised of four work packages (WPs), addressing critical technical issues for such building type to be accepted in New Zealand market.
It covers fire performance, seismic performance and cost estimation for an Importance level of 2, 6-storey LSF residential modular building with an 18m total height and plan of 16mx19m.
The work packages were as follows:
- WP1 – Fire performance of LSF floors in multi-storey residential buildings
- WP2 – Performance of stud-to-bottom plate joints in multi-storey residential buildings
- WP3 – Development of bracing solutions for light steel framed multi-storey residential buildings
- WP4 – Cost for an exemplar six-storey light steel framed building