Designing durable steel structures - Build 182 (2021)
- Designing durable steel structures
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BUILD article
- Website, PDF
Recent changes to Building Code clause B2 Durability and the issuing of a technical advisory note and model specifications have helped clarify the requirements for structural steel and commonly used coatings.
Over the past three years, several developments have addressed (in part) the concerns raised with items that were lacking in New Zealand Building Code clause B2 Durability. These items were discussed in detail in Build 162, Concerns with B2 durability, and the developments are summarised here.
This article includes:
- Clause B2 Amendment 10
- SNZ TS 3404:2018 has durability requirements
- AS/NZS 5131:2016 has construction requirements
- Changes to protective coatings specifications
- Signing producer statements