CEDRAL Sidings (Lap/Click) Facade Systems
- CMNZ30121 Rev C
- Revision C
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The CEDRAL Sidings (Lap / Click) Facade systems consists of CEDRAL Cladding panels in 2 profiles (Lap and Click) and 2 finishes (smooth and timber) and in a wide range of colours.
CEDRAL Lap is installed in a traditional lapped style while CEDRAL Click is installed as a tongue and groove cladding system.
CEDRAL Lap/Click planks are fixed to either timber batten or metal cladding support frame with CEDRAL proprietary fixings or clips and a range of proprietary flashing and starter profiles. CEDRAL Lap may be installed in Horizontal, Vertical or Undulated format.
Similarly, CEDRAL Click may be installed in Horizontal & Vertical orientation. CEDRAL Lap/Click may be installed with either a flexible (pliable) or rigid weather barrier.
The CEDRAL Sidings (Lap / Click) Facade systems have been certified as external wall cladding of buildings & as internal wall lining of buildings.
1. The CEDRAL Sidings (Lap / Click) Facade systems are certified for use as an external wall cladding on buildings:
- a) Within the scope limitations of the NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1, with regards to building height & floor plan area, for buildings located in Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High (as defined in NZS 3604:2011) provided that:
- i. A rigid air barrier is used when located in an Extra High Window Zone, or
- ii. Either a flexible building wrap or rigid air barrier in wind zones other than Extra High, and
- b) Constructed in accordance with the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC), with
- i. Timber framing in accordance with NZS 3604:2011, or
- ii. Lightweight steel framing in accordance with NZS3404:2009 Part 1 and NASH Standard Residential and Low-Rise Steel Framing Part 1: Design Criteria:2005, or
- iii. Masonry structures in accordance with NZS4229:2013, or
- iv. On any timber, steel framed or masonry building that has been subject to Specific Engineering Design by an appropriately qualified engineer and with the following limitations (for the purpose of compliance with E2):
- SLS wind pressure: ± 1,515 Pa, and
- ULS wind pressure: ± 2,500 Pa, and
- Maximum building (cladding) height: 10 metres, and
- c) With Importance Levels of 1 to 4, and
- d) In all Exposure Zones (except for microclimates) as defined in NZS3604:2011 paragraph 4.2.4, provided all fasteners and fixings are in accordance with section 4 of NZS3604:2011, and
- e) With aluminium window and door joinery that meets the requirements of NZS 4211:2008 and installed with suitable vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills flashings, and
- f) Installed within 1 metre of a relevant boundary (subject to other fire related code compliance requirements).
2. The CEDRAL Sidings (Lap / Click) cladding panels, as a Group 1-S material, is certified for use as an internal wall lining in buildings:
- a) With Importance Levels of 1 to 4 and
- b) In any area of the building, except wet areas, and
- c) With or without an automatic fire sprinkler system,
3. The CEDRAL Sidings (Lap / Click) Facade systems must be specified, installed and maintained in accordance with the following documentation referenced as the applicable technical literature:
- CEDRAL Click Design & Installation Guide NZ - FEB2021v1, and
- CEDRAL Click Horizontal construction details _ FEB2021 NZv2, and
- CEDRAL Click Vertical construction details _ FEB2021 NZv2, and
- CEDRAL Lap Design & Installation Guide NZ - FEB2021v1, and
- CEDRAL Lap Horizontal construction details _ FEB2021 NZv2, and
- CEDRAL Lap Vertical construction details _ FEB2021 NZv2, and
- CEDRAL Lap Undulated construction details _ FEB2021 NZv2, and
- CEDRAL Sidings General Cleaning & Maintenance Information, Cf-35-04-en-v1 ANZ/v1_DEC2020.
4 The designer shall provide a signed declaration for submission with the building consent application that the building work falls within the scope of this certificate and that all conditions of this
certificate have been met, and
5 The installer shall supply a signed CodeMark Installation Declaration for consideration for issuing a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC)