Masons Roof Underlays – VHP Strong, VHP Ultra, VHO Maxi, UNI FR
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas Australia Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Masons roof underlays are manufactured from synthetic multi-laminate spun-bonded, non-woven polypropylene membranes. This certificate covers the following products:
- VHP Strong (140 gsm)
- VHP Ultra (180 gsm)
- VHP Maxi (220 gsm)
- UNI FR (180 gsm)
Masons Roof Underlays are for use as a self-supporting roofing underlay and as a flexible air barrier.
1. Masons Roof Underlays are certified for use as a roof underlay and air barrier:
- a) on buildings situated in wind zones up to and including Extra High (as set out in NZS3604) with a minimum roof pitch of 3°,
- b) under masonry or metal tile and profiled metal roof claddings,
- c) in all locations including where it is exposed to view.
2. Masons Roof Underlay shall be:
- a) installed in accordance with Masons Roof Underlay Installation Instructions Version 1.0, Jan 2021, and
- b) installed run vertically or horizontally with or without support for roof pitches greater than 10°, run horizontally with or without support or run vertically with support for roof pitches less than 10°, provided that support is provided where the span is greater than 1200mm, and
- c) protected from direct sunlight within 21 days of installation (30 days for UNI FR).