Enviro® Cladding system
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas Australia Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The Enviro Cladding System consists of 50 mm-thick steel-reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) panels, 2200mm wide x 600mm high, mounted horizontally on H3.2 treated timber or high density expanded polystyrene (EPS) cavity battens and screw fixed to the external load-bearing wall. The Enviro Cladding System includes a plastered rendered coating to the exterior face of the panel.
The Enviro Cladding System is a non-load-bearing external wall cladding fixed to battens on an external load-bearing wall.
1. The Enviro Cladding System is certified for use on buildings that are:
- a) timber-framed to NZS3604:2011 Timber framed buildings or steel-framed specifically designed to NASH Standard Part 2:2019 Light Steel Framed Buildings, and
- b) within the scope of Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 para 1.1, and with risk score not greater than 20, and
- c) located in a wind zone up to and including Extra High wind zone (as specified in NZS3604:2011), and
- d) located in any seismic zone (as specified in NZS3604:2011), and
- e) in any exposure zone (excluding microclimates) (as specified in NZS3604), and
- f) in risk groups SH, SM, CA or VP (as defined in Acceptable Solution C/AS1 and Acceptable Solution C/AS2)without sprinklers, located any distance from a relevant boundary with the proviso
that EPS Battens must not be used for the Enviro Cladding System located closer than 1m from a relevant boundary for risk groups SM, CA or VP.
2. The Enviro Cladding System shall be installed:
- a) on walls that are vertical, and
- b) in accordance with the Enviro Cladding Systems AAC Wall Panel Technical Manual, October 2020
3. Where the Enviro Cladding System is located closer than 1m from a relevant boundary the internal face of the wall shall be lined with 10 mm (minimum) standard grade plasterboard
4. All joinery used in conjunction with the Enviro Cladding System shall meet the requirements of NZS 4211:2008 Specification for performance of windows and be installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills.
5. EPS battens shall not be left exposed to sunlight.