Gorter Roof Hatches, Floor Doors, Stairs and Plenums
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas Australia Pty Ltd.
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Gorter roof hatches, floor doors stairs and plenums are prefabricated units for installation in floors or concrete, timber or steel roofs of pitch up to 30 degrees, providing access to trafficable roof areas and sub ground spaces.
Roof hatches, floor doors, scissor stairs and plenums, provide access to trafficable building roofs and floors
1. Gorter roof hatches are certified for use in buildings:
- a) located in wind zones (as defined in NZS3604:2011) up to and including EXTRA HIGH, and
- b) located in snow zones (as defined in NZS3604:2011) up to 2 kPa snow loading, or by specific assessment of snow loading up to 3.5 kPa.
2. Gorter fire rated roof hatches (Model RHTEI) are certified for use in roofs where a fire resistance of up to -/120/120 is required
3. Gorter floor doors are certified for use in buildings with a UDL floor load of up to 2kPa or a 1.8 kN concentrated load
4. Gorter Stairs and Plenums are certified for use to access lofts and attics in housing, and for maintenance access in other buildings.
5. Certification excludes:
- a) specification of the means of fixing roof hatches, floor doors and stairs to the roof and ceiling structure, or the floor structure, which shall be designed by a registered structural engineer (CPENG)
- b) specification of the openings made to accommodate this product, which shall be assessed by a chartered professional engineer (structural) on a case by case basis.
- c) additional barriers to meet the requirements of F4 Safety from Falling when a roof hatch or floor door is open.
6. Gorter roof hatches, floor doors and stairs shall be installed in accordance with:
- a) Gorter User Information Roof Hatches, RHT/RHTG/RHTX/RHTEP, Ref: 202006V50 (dated 2020)
- b) Gorter User Information Scissor Stairs, Small – Large – EL-60 – XL, Ref: 201910V33B (dated 2019)
- c) Gorter User Information Hinged Floor Doors, WA, WAG, WAPT, WAEI and OP, Ref: 201910V16C (dated 2019)