Abodo Weatherboard Cladding System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The Abodo Weatherboard Cladding System consists of weatherboards fixed to cavity battens forming a drained cavity. Weatherboard profiles include Bevelback, Vertical Shiplap, Rusticated and Secret Fixing.
Abodo Weatherboard Cladding Systems are exterior wall claddings on a drained cavity suitable for buildings:
- timber framed to NZS3604:2011 Timber framed buildings or steel framed to NASH Standard Part 2: May 2019 Light Steel Framed Buildings
- located in a wind zone up to and including Extra High wind zone (as specified in NZS3604)
- within the scope of Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 para 1.1, and with risk score not greater than 20
- located no closer than 1m from a relevant boundary
- in any exposure zone (excluding microclimates) (as specified in NZS3604)
The weatherboards are available with a smooth dressed face (for a paint finish) or a light band sawn or brushed face (for a stain finish) and manufactured from a range of materials:
- Sand – H3.2 treated radiata pine;
- Vulcan – thermally modified radiata pine;
- Stratos – Azole treated radiata pine (H3.1);
- Tundra – Douglas fir heart wood.
The Abodo Weatherboard Cladding System shall be installed and maintained according to Abodo CodeMark Weatherboard Cladding Manual April 2020.
All joinery used in conjunction with the Abodo Weatherboard Cladding shall meet the requirements of NZS 4211:2008 Specification for performance of Windows.
Stainless steel, copper or silicon bronze fixings shall be used for ACQ or Cu azole treated weatherboards (i.e. Sand).
Rigid wall underlay must be used:
- in locations defined as Extra High Wind Zones
- for external walls of attached garages that are unlined