- CM70040 version 1
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas Australia Pty Ltd
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
DriStud W11 has a premium white face to increase light diffusion and reflection. It is used to line walls and under roofs with profiled metal cladding for buildings such as commercial and industrial buildings, sports stadia and warehousing facilities where extra clean white finish is required.
DriStud W11 is a fire retardant, fully synthetic, vapour, water barrier and a light diffuser, reflective pliable building membrane with an emittance of .08. It is a laminate of multiple layers with one side polypropylene non-woven and the other surface metallised film. White colour polypropylene non-woven is commonly used however different colour of non-woven facing can be supplied at request.
1. DriStud W11 is certified for use in buildings located:
- a. in wind zones up to and including Extra High (as defined in E2/AS1),
- b. in any exposure zone (as defined in in NZS3604:2011), (but note 3 below)
2. DriStud W11 shall:
- a. be installed in accordance with AS/NZS 4200.2:1994 Pliable building membranes and underlays - Part 2:Installation requirements and with the manufacturers Product Technical Statement – DriStud W11 Premium White Faced Fire Retardant Synthetic Foil, 2021, and
- b. be protected from direct sunlight and be covered the same day that it is installed, and
- c. be supported by safety mesh or other continuous support where available.
3. Where foil surfaces may be exposed to a corrosive atmosphere (for example agricultural sheds or within 500 metres of the sea), the foil surfaces shall face an enclosed, un-vented air space.
4. A 25mm air space adjacent to the foil side of DriStud W11 is recommended to ensure optimal thermal insulation performance and satisfactory durability.
5. Compliance with H1 shall be established by reference to the heat flows of a reference building as in Verification Methods H1/VM1 or H1/VM2 and the emittance of DriStud W11.
6. When used as a roof or wall underlay, ventilation and drainage battens shall be installed between the steel cladding and W11 to mitigate dew point condensation.