Schindler Lifts NZ Ltd – Lift design, specification, manufacture and installation
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The certificate covers the design (engineering design and specification of lift componentry) and construction (manufacture and installation) of the following Schindler lift models: 2400, 2500, 2600, 3300, 5500.
It is referred to as the Schindler methodology.
Schindler Lifts NZ Ltd design, manufacture, supply and install mechanical lifts in buildings that comply with AS/NZS1170:2011 or where an engineer has established that the existing building has sufficient structural integrity to withstand the building work associated with the installation of the lift.
The specification, design, manufacture of the lifts is in accordance with the Schindler methodology and a Schindler declaration must be provided that installation is in accordance with the Schindler methodology.
Compliance with D1.3.4 (b) only applies where the lift car has the following internal dimensions:
- Not less than 1200 x 2100mm OR not less than 1400 x 1400mm.
- Where the lift car width is less than 1400mm the lift controls must be located on the adjacent wall.
- Hydraulic lift installations fall outside the scope of this certificate.