CosyWall® External Wall Cavity Insulation System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
CosyWall® external wall cavity insulation system (EWCIS) is a system for the fitting of insulation into the external walls of buildings. It consists of a Building Assessment, drilling cladding or lining, blowing CosyWall® insulation into the wall cavities and reinstating the cladding to a weathertight state (or reinstating linings for decoration).
CosyWall® insulation is a soft, white, blown mineral wool fibre material and achieves a thermal resistance rating of R2.5-R2.8/90mm.
The Building Assessment is a pre assessment of the building to identify any work needed prior to installation of the insulation in order for the requirements of S112 of the Building Act 2004 to be met. A post assessment is carried out to confirm that the required work was carried out, and the building work has been completed in accordance with the building consent (where issued) and CosyWall external wall cavity insulation system requirements.
This product is subject to the following conditions and limitations:
- The Safe-R Insulation (NZ) Limited Licence Holder must provide a signed declaration (to be provided to the BCA as part of the building consent application when a consent is sought), that all conditions of the CodeMark certificate have been met.
- The agreement of the building owner to complete the work identified on the Repair/Materials Schedule (Form B) as being required prior to installation of insulation and/or application for a Code Compliance Certificate must be obtained.
- CosyWall® external wall cavity insulation system procedures, including installation of insulation, must be carried out or supervised by a trained and accredited Safe-R Insulation (NZ) Limited Applicator.
- Must be installed in accordance with the current installation manual.