BU594 Excessive moisture in enclosed subfloor spaces
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Bulletin
- PDF, Hard copy
This bulletin outlines ways to avoid the build-up of moisture levels in subfloor spaces and how to manage the moisture that does occur.
The bulletin covers:
- Building Code and standards requirements
- sizing and positioning of vents
- sources of subfloor moisture
- effects of subfloor moisture
- signs of excessive subfloor moisture
- steps to remedy excessive subfloor moisture
- moisture entry through a retaining foundation wall.