BU550 Damage from weathertightness failure
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Bulletin
- PDF, Hard copy
This bulletin outlines the damage that can occur when water enters and remains within a building and the repair options available.
The bulletin covers:
- causes of weathertightness failure
- typical water entry points
- moisture-induced damage
- causes of structural damage, including fungal decay of timber, rots, corrosion and moulds
- treatment of timber against fungal decay
- construction remedial options
- replacing timber.