ReidBar™ Grout Sleeve System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ)
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
The ReidBar™ Grout Sleeve System is a reinforcing bar mechanical connector for precast concrete building elements, such as panels and columns. It is used to make connections to the building structure, where the connectors are in a vertical orientation.
The ReidBar™ Grout Sleeve System includes ReidBar™ Grout Sleeves, ReidBar™ reinforcing bars, Ramset™ POZIFLO™ HS grout and Ramset™ Epcon™ C8 Xtrem™ filler. The ReidBar™ Grout Sleeves and the ReidBar™ reinforcing bars are identified with model and batch numbers. Model numbers are listed in Section 7. Ramset™ POZIFLO™ HS grout and Ramset™ Epcon™ C8 Xtrem™ filler are identifiable by the name and batch number.
Conditions and Limitation of use
- The reinforcing bars used in the ReidBar™ Grout Sleeve System must be ReidBar™ reinforcing bars.
- The system must not be used where the in-service temperature drops below -5°C.
- The system must not be used when it is subjected to high cycle fatigue.
- Installations must be subject to specific engineering design by a Chartered Professional Engineer.
- The ReidBar™ Grout Sleeve System must be designed and installed in accordance with the conditions and limitations of this Product Certificate and the Reference Documents.