Velux Roof Windows
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Building Research Association of New Zealand
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Velux Roof Windows are double glazed and feature wooden frames with an aluminium exterior. Velux Roof Windows can be identified by their brand markings on both the units themselves and the packaging.
Velux Roof Windows are for use on roofs of buildings to provide natural light into spaces in buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with respect to building height and maximum floor plan area; and,
- with roof structures designed and constructed to meet the requirements of the NZBC; and,
- with masonry tile, pressed metal tile, and profiled metal roof cladding systems complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1; and,
- with a roof pitch between 15º and 60°; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to and including Extra High; and,
- on buildings designed for up to a 1 kPa snow loading.
Velux Roof Windows must be installed in accordance with the Technical Literature supplied by Velux New Zealand Limited.
The installation of Velux Roof Windows must be completed by installers trained by Velux New Zealand Limited or by competent, experienced tradespersons with an understanding of roof window installation and weathertightness details.
The roof structure must be checked by a suitably qualified person for structural adequacy and suitability of the existing roof cladding prior to installation.