Balancing innovation and sustainability - Build 198 (2023)
- Balancing innovation and sustainability
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- David Carradine, Catherine Nicholson
- Information type
- BUILD article
- Website, PDF
BRANZ researchers are looking at how new construction and design methods that save time and money while also meeting zero-carbon targets could be best used in the Aotearoa New Zealand building sector.
New Zealand needs fast and affordable construction that supports the transition to a zero-carbon built environment. As efforts increase to develop and construct innovative, resilient and high-performing buildings and building systems, it is also critical to ensure we are making progress in reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the built environment. It is a delicate balancing act between innovation that we can trust and environmental wellbeing – but one that is very significant for all of us.
In this article:
- Aim is to help with decision-making
- What are non-traditional systems?
- Design and manufacturing options
- Developing directory of different systems