AS/NZS 60335.2.41:2013 Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2.41: Particular requirements for pumps
- 60335.2.41:2013 (AS/NZS)
- A1 - incorporated
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Standards New Zealand
- Standards New Zealand, Standards Australia
- Information type
- New Zealand Standard
- PDF, Hard copy
This Standard deals with the safety of electric pumps for liquids having a temperature not exceeding 90 °C, intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
Adopted with national modifications from, and includes the text of, IEC 60335.2.41 Ed.4.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- persons (including children) whose;
- physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
- lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
- children playing with the appliance.