AS 3735-2001 Concrete structures retaining liquids
- AS 3735-2001
- Valid from
- Information provider
- SAI Global
- Standards Australia
- Information type
- Australian Standard
This Standard specifies requirements for concrete structures and members that include reinforcing steel or tendons, or both, used for retaining liquids at ambient temperature.
It is limited to concrete with ultimate compressive strength in the range 20 MPa to 50 MPa at 28 days. For these structures, this Standard supplements and takes precedence over the requirements of AS 3600, Concrete structures.
The principles of concrete design and construction embodied in this Standard apply to structures and members made of concrete:
- with a characteristic compressive strength at 28 days (f c) in the range of 20 MPa to50 MPa; and
- of saturated, surface-dry density in the range of 1800 kg/m3 to 2800 kg/m3.
The Standard does not apply to the design of:
- aqueducts, hydraulic tunnels or similar structures;
- small septic tanks (see AS 1546.1);
- portable precast concrete water tanks of less than 25 000 L capacity;
- fibre-impregnated concrete that does not comply with the design requirements and procedures of AS 3600; or
- precast concrete pipes (pressure and non-pressure) (see AS 4058).