Resene Construction Systems Masonry Render System
- Appraisal number 998
- 31 May 2019
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The Resene Construction Systems Masonry Render System is a reinforced solid plaster system for use as a finishing system over substrates of concrete masonry, clay brick veneer, in-situ or pre-cast reinforced concrete.
The coating system consists of a minimum 5 mm thickness of fibreglass mesh reinforced polymer-modified plasters and high-build, tintable finishing plasters. The plaster is finished with a tintable protective finishing coat. The plaster can be applied to achieve different textured appearances.
The system incorporates Resene Construction Systems EdgeSeal joinery flashings.
The Resene Construction Systems Masonry Render System has been appraised as an exterior solid plaster fininshing system for buildings within the following scope:
- with substrates of concrete masonry, in-situ or pre-cast concrete, up to 3 storeys, with a maximum height from ground to eaves of 10 m; and,
- with substratesof clay brick veneer designed and constructed in accordance of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, NZS 4210 and NZS 4229; and,
- with floor plan area limited only by seismic and structural control joints; and,
- with supporting structures designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including 'Extra High'.
The Resene Construction Systems Masonry Render System has also been appraised for bond, durability and weathertightness of the plaster system for concrete masonry, in-situ or pre-cast concrete buildings subject to specific design with no building height or wind exposure restriction.