Cavibat Roof Battens
- Appraisal number 992
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Cavibat Roof Battens are fluted non-structural ventilated battens designed to create air flow ventilation to the roof space. The battens are extruded polypropylene to a finished size of approximately 45 mm wide by 18 mm thick.
Cavibat Roof Battens have been appraised for use as non-structural roof battens for use with pitched and skillion roof construction on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- with profile metal roof cladding; and,
- with the batten installed between the purlin and the roof underlay; or,
- with the batten installed between the roof underlay and the roof cladding, and;
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High.
The design of the Cavibat Roof Battens are subject to specific design and building designers are responsible for incorporation of Cavibat Roof Battens into their design for weathertightness and detailing of junctions.