Metalcraft Ceiling Batten System
- Appraisal number 981 (2022)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The Metalcraft Ceiling Batten System is a light-gauge steel ceiling batten system for use in residential and commercial buildings.
The ceiling battens are top-hat steel channel sections formed from galvanised coil steel.
The Metalcraft Ceiling Batten System also includes a roll-formed perimeter channel and hanger tabs.
The components are screw-fixed to timber or steel ceiling framing.
1. The Metalcraft Ceiling Batten System is appraised for use as ceiling battens directly supporting ceiling linings in buildings within the following scope:
- on framed ceilings within the scope limitations of NZS 3604; and,
- on timber and light-gauge steel-framed ceilings subject to specific design.
2. The use of the Metalcraft Ceiling Batten System in structural applications, such as part of a ceiling diaphragm, or as a part of fire resistance rated construction, has not been assessed and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.