Firth Two Storey Masonry Veneer Solutions
- Appraisal number 967
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Firth Two Storey Masonry Veneer Solutions is a concrete brick veneer cladding system specifically for use on two storey buildings.
Firth Two Storey Masonry Veneer Solutions has been appraised for use as a veneer cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 in terms of floor area, with a maximum of two stories; and,
- with a maximum height of brick veneer of 7.5 m above the supporting foundation, except that at gable ends and some piers this height may be up to 10.0 m, and a maximum height of 4.0 m above a roof line; and,
- with a depth of cavity of between 40 mm and 75 mm; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- with timber framing constructed on slab-on-ground in accordance with NZS 3604 and/or concrete masonry foundation constructed in accordance with NZS 4229; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Very High.
Firth Two Storey Masonry Veneer Solutions is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (The Appraisal of Firth Two Storey Masonry Veneer Solutions relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone).