Hydrathane Exterior Waterproofing Membrane
- Appraisal number 956
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Hydrathane Exterior Waterproofing Membrane is a liquid applied waterproofing membrane for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes on external decks and balconies.
Hydrathane Exterior Waterproofing Membrane has been appraised for use as a deck and balcony waterproofing membrane for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; or,
- The scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific engineering design; and,
- With substrates of fibre cement compressed sheet or suspended concrete slab; and,
- With minimum falls for decks and balconies for 1:40; and,
- With deck and balcony size limited to 40m2; and,
- Situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to and including Extra High.
Decks and balconies must be designed and constructed in accordance with the following limitaions:
- With the membrane continually protected from the exposure to ultra violet (UV) light and from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finished; and,
- With no steps within the deck level and no down pipes discharging directly onto the deck.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of this appraisal.
The membrane must be installed by trained installers, approved by Construction Chemicals NZ Ltd.