Firestone RubberCover™ EPDM Membrane
- Appraisal number 893
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Firestone RubberCover™ EPDM Membrane is a synthetic rubber waterproofing membrane for roofs, decks, balconies, parapets and gutters.
The product is a single-ply, flexible synthetic rubber sheet in roll form and installed as a single layer system.
Firestone RubberCover™ EPDM Membrane has been appraised for use as a deck and roof waterprooﬁng membrane for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraphs 1.1 and 8.5; or,
- The scope of limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to speciﬁc structural design; and,
- With substrates of plywood or suspended concrete slab; and,
- With minimum falls for roofs of 1:30 and decks of 1:40; and,
- With deck size limited to 40 m²; and,
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to, and including Extra High.
This Appraisal is limited to roofs, decks and balconies within the following scope:
- Constructed to suitable falls (refer to Paragraphs 12.1 - 12.9); and,
- With no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens and no down pipes discharging directly onto the deck; and,
- With the deck membranes continually protected from physical damage by a pedestal protection system.
The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is speciﬁc to each building, and therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membrane must be installed by Firestone Building Products EMEA approved applicators.