StoPoren Panel Facade System
- Appraisal number 772
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The StoPoren Panel Facade System is a cavity-based external wall cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
The system consists of 50 or 75 mm thick autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) panels (StoPoren panels) fixed over high-density polystyrene battens to form a 20 or 40 mm cavity, or timber cavity spacers to form a 40 mm cavity. The coating system consists of a nominal 5 mm thick cement-based render applied to the StoPoren panels, an approximate 2.5 mm thick coat of fibreglass mesh reinforced synthetic resin render (StoArmat render system only) and an approximate 1-3 mm thick coat of coloured finishing render. The render system is finished with a Sto coating.
The system incorporates a primary and secondary means of weather resistance (first and second line of defence) against water penetration by separating the facade from the external wall framing with a nominal 20 or 40 mm drained cavity.
The StoPoren Panel Facade System has been appraised as an external wall cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including 'Extra High'.
The StoPoren Panel Facade System has also been appraised for weathertightness and structural wind loading when used as an external wall cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- constructed with timber and steel framing complying with the NZBC; and,
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa.
The StoPoren Panel Facade System must only been installed on vertical surfaces (except for tops of parapets, sills and balustrades, which must have a minimum 10o slope and be waterproofed in accordance with the Technical Literature)
The system is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (Note: The Appraisal of the StoPoren Panel Facade System relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone of wind pressure.)
Installation of components and accessories supplied by Stoanz Limited and Sto registered contractors must be carried out only by Sto registered contractors.