SikaProof® Bentonite System - Below Ground Waterproofing
- Appraisal number 612 (2022)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The SikaProof® Bentonite System is based on natural sodium bentonite contained within a geosynthetic fabric with other accessory products completing the system. The system is used as a damp-proofing or waterproofing membrane below ground to protect basements and other underground structures against water penetration and water vapour transmission from the ground.
The SikaProof® Bentonite System has been appraised for use as:
- an external waterproof tanking membrane to in-situ concrete, precast concrete and concrete masonry basement constructions subject to hydrostatic pressures of up to 2 bar (20 metres); and,
- a damp-proof membrane (DPM) to slab-on-ground and basement constructions.
The SikaProof® Bentonite System must:
- be used adequately confined and protected against damage during construction and in service; and,
- not be used where ground water conductivity exceeds 2,500 µS/cm-1 except on advice from Sika (NZ) Ltd. (refer to Paragraph 11.1).
All installations incorporating the SikaProof® Bentonite System must be the subject of specific design. Building designers are responsible for the incorporation of the system following the guidance details provided by Sika (NZ) Ltd. The designer must provide design and installation detailing within the contract documents.
The SikaProof® Bentonite System must be installed by Sika (NZ) Ltd Approved and Trained Applicators.