Volclay® Waterproofing System
- Appraisal number 507
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
The Volclay® Waterproofing System consists of products that are based on or use sodium bentonite as the principle waterproofing component. The system is used as a damp-proofing or waterproofing membrane below ground to protect basements and other underground structures against water penetration and water vapour transmission from the ground. The system is also used to waterproof plaza decks where they act as a roof to spaces below.
The system is based on two membranes, Voltex® and Swelltite®, with other accessory products completing the system.
The Volclay® Waterproofing System has been appraised for use as:
- an external waterproof tanking membrane to in-situ concrete, precast concrete and concrete masonry basement constructions subject to hydrostatic pressures of up to 2 bar (20 metres); and,
- a damp-proof membrane (DPM) to slab-on-ground and basement constructions; and,
- a waterproof membrane to plaza deck roof structures.
The Volclay® Waterproofing System must:
- be used adequately confined and protected against damage during construction and in service; and,
- not be used where ground water conductivity exceeds 2,500 µS/cm except on advice from Allco Waterproofing Solutions (Refer Paragraphs 12.1 and 12.2).
All installations incorporating the Volclay® Waterproofing System must be the subject of specific design. Building designers are responsible for the incorporation of the system following the guidance details provided by Allco Waterproofing Solutions Ltd. The designer must provide design and installation detailing within the contract documents.
The Volclay® Waterproofing System must be installed by Allco Waterproofing Solutions Ltd Approved and Trained Applicators.