Mapegum WPS, Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart, Mapelastic Turbo and Mapelastic AquaDefense Wet Area Membranes
- Appraisal number 484 (2018)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Mapegum WPS and Mapelastic AquaDefense are one-component, liquid-applied waterproofing membranes for internal applications under trafficable floor finishes.
Mapelastic and Mapelastic Smart are two-component liquid-applied waterproofing membranes suitable for internal applications on substrates under trafficable floor finishes.
1. Mapegum WPS, Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart, Mapelastic Turbo and Mapelastic AquaDefense Wet Area Membranes have been appraised for use as waterproofing membranes for the internal wet areas of buildings within the following scope:
- on floor substrates of concrete, flooring grade particle board, plywood, fibre cement compressed sheet and fibre cement sheet tile underlay, and on wall substrates of concrete, concrete masonry, wet area fibre cement sheet lining systems and wet area plasterboard lining systems; and,
- when protected from physical damage by trafficable floor finishes; and,
- where floors are designed and constructed such that deflections do not exceed 1/360th of the span.
2. The use of Mapegum WPS, Mapelastic, Mapelastic Smart and Mapelastic AquaDefense Wet Area Membranes on concrete slabs where hydrostatic or vapour pressure is present is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
3. Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the membrane and trafficable floor finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building, and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
4. The trafficable floor finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
5. The membranes must be installed by trained applicators, approved by MBP (NZ) Ltd, to the conditions of the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) of the products.