StoLite Stucco Cladding System
- Appraisal number 468
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
StoLite is a cavity-based monolithic stucco render wall cladding. It is designed to be used as an external wall cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where construction techniques are used.
The system consists of minimum 6.0 mm thick fibre cement sheets fixed over timber battens to form the cavity. The coating system consists of a nominal 8 mm thick polystyrene bead saturated, polymer-modified, cement-based render applied to the fibre cement sheets, an approximate 2.5 mm thick coat of meshed reinforcement render, and an approximate 1-3 mm thick coat of coloured finishing render. The render system is finished with a Sto coating.
The system incorporates a primary and secondary means of weather resistance (first and second line of defence) against water penetration by separating the cladding from the external wall framing with a nominal 20 mm cavity. The cavity allows for any occasional ingress of water that may get past the external skin to drain to the exterior of the building, any any remaining moisture to dry by evaporation.
StoLite has been appraised as an external wall cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1; and,
- with a risk score of 0-20, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Table 2; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones up to, and including Extra High.
StoLite has also been appraised for weathertightness and structural wind loading when used as an external wall cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- constructed with timber framing subject to specific engineering design; and,
- situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa.
StoLite must only be installed on vertical surfaces (except for tops of parapets, sills and balustrades, which must have a minimum 10º slope and be waterproofed in accordance with the Technical Literature).
The system is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (The Appraisal of the StoLite Stucco Cladding System relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant Wind Zone, or wind pressure.)