Protecto Tape Flashing Tape
- Appraisal number 450
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Protecto Tape flashing tape is a self-adhering waterproofing membrane used for flashing parapet and balustrade caps. The tape provides a base to which most plaster or texture coat finishing systems are able to be applied, creating a monolithic finish that conceals the tape from view.
Protecto Tape flashing tape has been appraised for use as a waterproofing membrane tape within the following scope:
- on buildings within the scope of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area; and,
- on parapets and balustrades, which have a minimum slope of 10° (1 in 4); and,
- with proprietary EIFS and texture coated fibre cement cladding systems; and,
- over fibre cement, polystyrene or timber substrates; and,
- as a sealing bandage' over fixing blocks in external walls.
Proprietary EIFS and texture coated fibre cement cladding systems have not been assessed in this Appraisal and are outside the scope of this Appraisal.