Viking Certainteed Asphalt Roofing Shingles
- Appraisal number 276
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Viking CertainTeed Asphalt Roofing Shingles are glass-fibre reinforced asphalt shingles surfaced with mineral chips with a ceramic coating. They are available in four shingle types: CT20, Landmark Series (30, 40 and 50), Hatteras, Highland Slate, Independence and Presidential Shake.
The shingles and flashing accessories form a roofing system when installed over a plywood or Strandsarking substrate and roofing underlay.
Viking CertainTeed Asphalt Roofing Shingles have been appraised as a roof cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1, with regard to floor plan area and building height; and,
- constructed with timber roof framing and sheathing complying with the NZBC; and,
- where the roof slope is 9o or greater for plywood and Strandsarking; and,
- in NZS 3604 Wind Zones:
- Low for CT20 shingles
- up to and including Very High for the Landmark Series shingles, and
- up to and including Extra High for Hatteras, Highland Slate, Independence and Presidential Shake shingles.