- Appraisal number 1216 (2022)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Selleys Sealants are used for exterior weatherproofing and as general purpose gap-filling sealants for exterior and interior use.
1. Selleys Sealants have been appraised for use as sealants in buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1.
2. Selleys Sealants have also been appraised for use as sealants in buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- in joints with a maximum width of 35 mm; and,
- on substrates of:
- timber (unpainted and unstained), untreated pine and untreated Jarrah; or,
- plastics – uPVC, perspex and fibreglass; or,
- minerals – concrete, mortar, plaster, blockwork, fibre cement sheet, earthenware (terracotta) and glazed ceramic tiles; or,
- metals – stainless steel, aluminium (milled or anodised), painted and unpainted metals (galvanised, zinc/aluminium-coated); or,
Note: Substrates or materials other than those specified above have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. Selleys (A Division of Dulux Group NZ Ltd) must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisal.