Equus Soprema Warm Roof System
- Appraisal number 1169 (2021)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Equus Soprema Warm Roof System is an insulating roofing system for limited access flat roofs and decks with concrete, timber or steel structural decks. It consists of a thermal insulation layer and a roof finish of modified bitumen waterproofing membrane or single-ply TPO waterproofing membrane.
1. Equus Soprema Warm Roof System has been appraised for use as an insulating roof or deck on buildings within the following scope:
- the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1, Paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and maximum floor plan areas; and,
- on limited access flat roofs with concrete, timber or steel substrates and incorporation of the Equus Soprema Warm Roof System subject to specific structural design; and,
- with roofs and decks constructed to drain water to gutters and drainage outlets complying with the NZBC; and,
- with roofs and decks constructed to suitable falls (refer to Paragraphs 14.3 and 14.4); and,
- with no integral roof gardens and no downpipe direct discharge; and,
- situated in NZS 3604 Wind Zones, up to, and including Extra High.
2. Equus Soprema Warm Roof System has also been appraised for durability and thermal performance as an insulated roofing system on buildings that are the subject of specific design with no building height restriction. Building designers are responsible for the building design and for the incorporation of Equus Soprema Warm Roof System into their design in accordance with the declared properties and instructions of Equus Industries Ltd.
3. Equus Soprema Warm Roof System must be installed by Equus Industries Ltd approved and trained installers.