Nuralite Damp Proof and Tanking Membranes
- Appraisal number 1158 (2021)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Nuralite Damp Proof and Tanking Membranes are self-adhesive modified bitumen (Bituthene) used as a DPM and a pre-applied multi-layered composite sheet waterproofing membrane (Preprufe) for use as a DPM and tanking membrane on below ground structures.
Bituthene is supplied as a self-adhering SBS polymer-rubber modified bitumen sheet in roll form and Preprufe as a multi-layered composite sheet in roll form.
Nuralite Damp Proof and Tanking Membranes have been appraised as a DPM or tanking membrane for use under floor slabs complying with NZS 3604 and under floor slabs complying with NZS 4229.
Nuralite Damp Proof and Tanking Membranes have also been appraised as a tanking membrane on buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- where the design of the building will be the responsibility of the building designer; and,
- with clean, sound, continuous substrates of insitu or precast concrete complying with NZS 3101 and AS/NZS 1170; and,
- where the membrane is adequately protected against damage in service; and,
- where subsoil drainage has been placed behind basement walls; and,
- where the membrane is subject to hydrostatic pressure and the pressure does not exceed the equivalent of a 20 m head of water.
Installation of Nuralite Damp Proof and Tanking Membranes must be completed by Nuralite Waterproofing Ltd approved installers in accordance with the Nuralite Waterproofing Limited Technical Literature.