WeldTec Below Grade Tanking System
- Appraisal number 1126 (2021)
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
WeldTec Below Grade Tanking System is a pre-applied or post-applied waterproofing membrane for use as a damp-proof membrane (DPM) or for below-ground tanking applications.
WeldTec Below Grade Tanking System has been appraised as a DPM or tanking membrane for use under floor slabs complying with NZS 3604 and under floor slabs complying with NZS 4229.
WeldTec Below Grade Tanking System has also been appraised as a tanking membrane on buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- where the design of the building will be the responsibility of the building designer; and,
- with clean, sound, continuous substrates of in-situ or precast concrete complying with NZS 3101 and AS/NZS 1170; and,
- where the membrane is adequately protected against damage in service; and,
- where subsoil drainage has been placed behind basement walls; and,
- where the membrane is subject to hydrostatic pressure and the pressure does not exceed the equivalent of a 20 m head of water.
Installation of WeldTec Below Grade Tanking System must be completed by ARDEX New Zealand Limited approved installers in accordance with the ARDEX New Zealand Limited Technical Literature.