Precon® and Mel-Rol® Membranes
- Appraisal number 1076
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BRANZ Appraisal
Precon® is a pre-applied waterproofing membrane for use as a damp-proof membrane (DPM) or for use in below-ground tanking applications. Mel-Rol® is a post-applied waterproofing membrane for use as a DPM.
Precon® and Mel-Rol® Membranes have been appraised as a DPM for use:
- on buildings subject to non-specific design, under floor slabs complying with NZS 3604 and behind concrete masonry basement walls and under floor slabs complying with NZS 4229; and
- on buildings subject to specific design with substrates of in-situ or precast concrete complying with NZS 3101, or concrete masonry complying with NZS 4230 and NZS 4210; and,
- where subsoil drainage and free draining granular backfill has been placed behind basement walls.
Precon® Membrane has been also appraised as a pre-applied tanking membrane for use:
- on buildings subject to specific design with substrates of in-situ or precast concrete complying with NZS 3101; and
- where the membrane is subject to hydrostatic pressure with the pressure not to exceed 2 bar (20 metres head of water).
Mel-Rol® Membrane must be adequately protected against damage during backfilling and in service.
The product must be installed by Neuchatel Limited trained installers.