AS/NZS 4859.2:2018 Thermal insulation materials for buildings, Part 2: Design
- AS/NZS 4859.2:2018
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Standards New Zealand
- Standards New Zealand, Standards Australia
- Information type
- New Zealand Standard
- PDF, Hard copy
This Standard provides clear and concise requirements for determination and reporting of total R-values and system R-values to promote greater consistency of these calculations within the Australian and New Zealand marketplaces.
This standard cover:
- a) Standard assumptions for the calculation of system and total thermal resistance of insulation products used in thermal calculations;
- b) A prescriptive calculation methodology for determining the thermal resistance of airspaces with parallel bounding surfaces of varying emissivity;
- c) A range of conversion coefficients for multiple insulation types; and
- d) Prescriptive reporting requirements for demonstrating total R-value and system R-value calculations.