AS/NZS 2918:2018 Domestic solid fuel burning appliances - Installation
- AS/NZS 2918:2018
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Standards New Zealand
- Standards New Zealand, Standards Australia
- Information type
- New Zealand Standard
This Standard specifies requirements for the installation of domestic solid fuel burning appliances that can be fully assembled prior to being transported to the installation site.
The Standard applies to the installation of domestic solid fuel burning appliances, whether installed in domestic or commercial situations, including the following categories:
- a) Space heaters, including open fronted fireplace inserts and built-in fireplaces.
- b) Cooking appliances
- c) Open-vented water-heating appliances
- d) Central-heating appliances
- e) Any combination of two or more of the appliances categories shown in items (a) to (d) above.
NOTE: The installation of second-hand appliances as well as being in accordance with the requirements of this Standard may be subject to additional State or regional requirements.
This Standard does not cover the installation of appliances that need to be assembled in situ, or appliances with electrically driven fuel stoker systems.
The Standard does not apply to the following:
- a) Warm air distribution ducting systems beyond the primary wall, floor or ceiling penetration
- b) Appliances with flue outlets greater than 100 000 mm2
- c) The long-term durability of materials
- d) The durability of building materials in the vicinity of any appliance installation
The requirements for the measurements of performance of solid fuel burning appliances in terms of heat output, efficiency and emissions are not covered in this Standard (see AS/NZS 4012 and AS/NZS 4013 for these topics)