2009/001: The code compliance of a private hospital building
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Information type
The matter for determination in terms of section 177(a) of the Act is the code-compliance of building work subject to a building consent issued to the tenant for an alteration relating to the change of use of a hospital building.
The applicant has listed the following specific areas of concern:
- The use of evacuation slings as a secondary means of escape;
- The operating theatres not being fire or smoke separated from each other and the services area above them;
- The ward being in the same fire cell as the lounge, kitchenette and consulting spaces;
- The tenancy not being designed for surgeons and patients to stay during an operation; and
- The 12 patient limitation.