Speaking from experience (roof ventilation) - Build 180(2020)
- Speaking from experience
- Valid from
- Information provider
- BRANZ Limited
- Information type
- BUILD article
- Website, PDF
Ventilation of cold roof designs in New Zealand doesn’t always go smoothly. Here, BRANZ physicists hand over to a couple of professional builders who have long been at the coalface dealing with roof moisture issues on their projects.
BRANZ has worked with Roland Alderton and Mike Way for some time, and their experience is worth a read as roof ventilation is a complex topic and there is no silver bullet that provides the answers for all the eventualities.
This article includes:
- Passive vents often add resilience
- Bach in a high wind zone
- Roof needed to be ventilated
- Interest grows in roof space ventilation
- Should be a Building Code requirement
- Easy-to-follow guidance needed
- Immediate solution for serious problem
- House design exceeded Building Code
- Finding a permanent solution
- Looking at the facts
- Why was there an issue?
- We have a wider problem
- More guidance needed