Kingspan TEK Panel Building System
- Valid from
- Information provider
- Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Bureau Veritas
- Information type
- Product Certificate (CodeMark)
Kingspan TEK panels are structural insulated panels (SIPS), consisting of PUR foam sandwiched between two layers of OSB/3 strandboard, with a total thickness of either 142mm and R5.1 thermal resistance, or 172mm and R6.4 thermal resistance.
The Kingspan TEK Panel Building System is a fully insulated structural wall and/or roof system. The Kingspan TEK Panel Building System is a structural component only, and requires an external envelope cladding, over a cavity batten and building wrap to make it weathertight.
This certificate covers the use of 142mm and 172mm Kingspan TEK SIP panels for all buildings within the scope of:
- NZS3604:2011 para 1.1.1, (with respect to floor plan area and building height) in all earthquake, wind, and exposure zones,
- E2/AS1 para 1.0 - wind zones up to and including Extra High and risk score up to 20
- NZS4218:2009 - all climate zones.